9.11.2008

Upsy Daisy Challenge

One comment I hear from many people is, "I'm just not that creative." They love coming to classes where everything is done for them, but don't think they could make cards (or scrapbook) on their own. It really is not that difficult. There are so many wonderful inspirations out there. The first card is like one made by Maria Pobre, a Stampin' Up! demonstrator from Guam. The only difference between her card and mine is in the coloring of the flowers. Mine has more orange.
The image is stamped on the very vanilla card base, a strip of garden green is added to the bottom and a black ribbon is added. Easy!
Then I took the same card idea, thought of someone and her favorite colors, and went from there. I used naturals ivory for the card, mellow moss for the accent color, and pale plum, perfect plum and mellow moss for the daisy. So who is this friend who likes plum (well actually purple)? I hope she is visiting my blog today. If she is and comments, I have a surprise for her.

Card #3 For this card I went to the new in-colors. I used Baja Breeze and Pacific Point for the daisy (garden green for the stem). I used the distressing tool on the bottom panel.
All of the flowers are colored with stampin' write markers (or in the case of the in-colors, a blender pen and ink refills). Use the lighter color first, then use the darker color on the edges of the flower, color the stems and stamp.
Your challenge - use this layout and make a card. If you don't have this stamp, just use one that is similar. Then take the same layout and same stamp, choose different colors and make another card. Be the first to send me a picture of your results and I'll send you a set of four cards made with the upsy daisy set.
Remember the Upsy Daily stamp set (as well as Heard from the Heart) is on sale this month. You can order through my Stampin Up site by clicking on the "Order Here" button on the left and following the link.

No comments: