8.09.2008

August Verse

A couple of weeks ago I was reading in chapter one of 1st Peter (New Living Translation). Peter was talking about the new life we have in Christ and in verse 23 he reminds us of the promise that "this new life will last forever because it comes from the eternal, living word of God. Then he quotes the prophet Isaiah "People are like grass that dies away; their beauty fades as quickly as the beauty of wildflowers. The grass withers and the flowers fall away, but the word of the Lord will last forever." and then adds "and that word is the Good News that was preached to you." (NLT) Wow, what an awesome reminder!
I have a birthday this month and am amazed at how the years are rapidly slipping by. Maybe that's what caused me to take a second look at this passage. But I didn't dwell on that long...the words of Isaiah ring true to my heart....the Word of the Lord will last forever.
Take a few minutes and read the entire 1st chapter - it's good!
OK...the card. I used the verse in Isaiah (NKJV) because it was the one that I learned years ago. But I like the NLT verse also...and I am going to print it and stick it in my August file. Take time to memorize God's Word...hey, you don't even have to make cards to do it...it's just more fun!

No comments: