10.05.2008

Big Shot Top Note Bigz Die

This week I bought the new Top Note Bigz Die (#113463). It's great and so easy to use. The first card I made was the thank you card using the flowers from Upsy Daisy. I used the die to cut 2 "top notes," one in white and one in almost artichoke.
I colored the flowers with pumpkin pie, really rust and always artichoke, stamped the sentiment in always artichoke, and sponged pumpkin pie and really rust around the edges. I trimmed this layer at the perf marks and then put it on the always artichoke layer. I tied more mustard ribbon around the card and then attached the stamped layer.

I've been seeing these cute little owls made with this die cut, so I had to make one. Simple! Use this Big Shot die, some circle punches, the 5 star punch (or just cut his mouth out freehand). Add white gel pen and you can be finished. I've seen some with eyelashes and all kinds of other embellishments. But this guy gets the job done!












Yesterday I had a Christmas card class and knew that I had to include a card using this die. The nativity scene and sentiment are from the Season of Grace set (111778) from the Holiday Mini Catalog. The card base is naturals ivory with a ruby red layer, the bottom layer note is kiwi kiss and the top layer is naturals ivory. Kiwi Kiss striped ribbon is layered on a 1" strip of chocolate chip paper and is the only embellishment I used on the card. The only tedious part of making this card is trimming the top layer. At least there is a perforated line that you cut along. If the card base was ruby red instead of the naturals ivory, I would stamp or print my sentiment on the ivory, run it through the big shot and have the big note cutout on the inside as well.

No comments: