3.01.2009

Cupcake Challenge and Becky's Visit

Wow...lots to share today. First of all, last Sunday my sister Becky came for a visit. This is her with my grandson Ty. We stayed so busy that we didn't realize until the last minute that we hadn't taken pictures. So she got one with Ty, but not Bree (she was in Wilmington at ballet and gymnastics).




I'm going to jump ahead to the card I made for Taylor's challenge,

It was a quick and easy card for me. I used my Inkadinkado cupcake stamps and made a birthday card that Bree can give away or for Gary and I to give to one of the girls in his small group. I used chocolate chip, regal rose, pretty in pink, mellow moss, and brocade blue markers to ink the image and sentiment. The bottom edge of the mellow moss layer was punched with the scallop border punch. The mellow moss strip was embossed with the dotted swiss cb folder, inked with white craft ink, then tied with pretty in pink grosgrain ribbon. The dotted paper is from a designer prints pack. That's it...done.



Now back to Becky's visit. Besides eating, spending time with family,eating, seeing the new baby, and eating, we managed to make a few things. Becky made 15 cards that she took home with her (I'll post some of them tomorrow.) She also made 2 mini photo albums and 2 flip scrapbooks for her boys Jon and Caleb.
One of their favorite vacation spots is the beach. So the set Shore Thing provided perfect images of enjoying sand and sun. After using Jill's cricut to make their names, Becky realized that she needs her very own cricut.





The last 2 things we made were flip scrapbooks. Jon plays a lot of sports and I think the colors of his team are red and blue, so that's what we chose for him. Jon is in the 7th grade and will have no problem filling his book with pictures and stuff.






We used chocolate chip and mellow moss for Caleb's book. He's in the 3rd grade and I hope he has fun with his book. Both of the title pages were made on my computer. I used RGB color numbers to match the books colors. We used some stamps, punches, cricut cut-outs and designer papers to decorated the inside. And Becky will finish embellishing them with stickers and stuff that she has at home. I can't wait to see the finished product.












2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Looks like fun, too bad I had to cut out on the fun way too early. So jealous. Cool scrapbooks..it is about time for me to replenish my card supply!

Anonymous said...

I know I'm a little late in leaving a comment. But I want a copy of the pic! Love the stuff you guys did!