2.03.2009

Sketch Challenge Cards


Here are yesterday's Mojo Monday sketch and my card. I'm still on this kick of using some of my forgotten and seldom used supplies. The patterned paper is from a K&Company Designer Mat Pad. (That's a lot of words.) The papers are really designed to be mats for 4x6 pictures and I wish I would start scrapbooking more and using them for that purpose. But...
Anyway the colors for the card were chosen to coordinate with the colors in the dp. I used creamy caramel, pacific point, and riding hood red.
I used one of the cuttlebug folders to emboss the riding hood red layer. The flowers are a SU retired set - Easy Elegance. I used a mellow moss marker and a blender pen (with pacific point re-inker to color the flowers. I used a large scallop punch and then distressed it with creamy caramel ink. The sanded background stamp adds some texture to the creamy caramel labels and to the small punched flowers.
The monkey card was made with Jen del Muro's Saturday challenge. After rejecting 4 other colors and various stamps, I decided to pull out the stuff I have left in my Creative License Simply Scrapping Kit. I used a piece of dp and some of the stickers. The strips at the top and bottom, the FYI, the circle and star in one of the circles are all stickers from the kit. The monkey is from Zoofari, a current stamp set, and isavailable for purchase. The sentiment is from a retired All Year Cheer set, but you could easily use another stamp (like one of the stamps from On Your Birthday #111664). The monkey and colors make this a great card for kids.








Splitcoast Stampers has a limited supply challenge on Fridays. Last week the challenge was to make a clean and simple card. Gotta love this one. The card probably took 5 minutes to make. There are a lot of great cards in the gallery that will provide inspiration for many, many cards and I will definitely be be checking them out!

2 comments:

Corie said...

All of these are so pretty

Julee (Vervegirl) said...

Beautiful cards! Love them all. Thanks for playing! :)