2.16.2009

Cupcake Challenge

It took a couple of days, but I made a card for Taylor's Cupcake Challenge. OK...why did it take a couple of days? Well, I was waiting for Sunday when I knew I would be purchasing an Inkadinkado set from ac moore. It's so nice that the store is not too far from my church (PC3). It only takes a minute to run in with coupon in hand and make a quick purchase. Yesterday Gary took a coupon in with him and bought the MS butterfly punch for me...he's so nice...doesn't complain about stopping there and is always willing to help me use coupons!
Moving on...for the card, I used wild wasabi designer prints paper and so saffron cardstock for the layer beneath that. The scallop is chipboard which I inked with So Saffron craft ink and then added tiny rhinestones (from Walmart). I punched out a purely pomegranate circle and attached it with dimensionals. I used a water pen, purely pomegranate ink and brown colored pencil to color the cupcake. I cut it out and added some stickles. The celebrate sentiment is from the same cupcake stamp collection. After I stamped it, I went over the letters with a glaze pen. The 3 brads are from my brad stash. I think these were the last of this color :) yeah! I'm gradually using these things and will be so happy when they are gone. The next thing I want to do is sell some of my older and seldom used stamp sets. They need a new home. Watch for a list in the next couple of days.
Have a blessed week!

No comments: