11.02.2008

Note Card Folder

I think these folders are a nice way to give someone some cards or notes. Many of the ones I have seen contain monogram notes. But I chose to just make four cards. Two of them say "to you from me" and two say thank you. I could not remember where I placed the directions for the folder, nor could I find it on Splitcoast or Sudsol. So I just looked at some other samples, took a 8-1/2 x 11 piece of cardstock, folded it in half, folded it to make the inside flap, and that was it.
As you can see, I trimmed the inside flaps which makes it easier to close (and it looks better). The ribbon is threaded through to hold the envelopes and the cards in place and then it's tied to keep the folder closed. I used the Inspired by Nature set on the outside of the folder.
On two cards I used one of the stamps from Pocket Silhouettes. I used the Not Quite Navy marker and the blender pen with kiwi kiss reinker to color the flower. The designer paper is from Urban Flowers.
For the other two cards I used the sanded background stamp and the flower/vine from Fresh Cuts.
After making this first one, I see how easy the folders are to make...definitely faster than boxes. And four cards don't take long to make either. So this is definitely a great project for quick gifts for teachers, co-workers, friends...

No comments: