2.14.2011

Fun & Easy Cards for Kids and Lots of Thanks

Early last week a friend called and asked if she could come Friday and make cards all day. Umm, let me think...yes, yes,YES! I had no plan, just asked her to bring along her "All Wrapped Up" set. The only thing I had ready when she got here was the cinnamon coffee cake in the oven. Guess that reveals the real reason I like to have folks over...I tend to have something in the oven cooking when they get here. We both had a set of SU fresh-cut notes and that became the first thing we tackled. I saw some great cards on SCS and we both decided to case the same one. The result - the black and white cards in the middle...and the first fifteen cards done!

The cards on the left are packages of embossed thank you cards. That's another 32 cards.
I needed valentine cards for Bree and Ty and also made them 2 gift pouches that I filled with dollars instead of candy.
Don't think that I made all these cards on Friday. Other than the fresh-cut notes, I only stamped images from Donna's stamp set on Friday. I finished the cards on Saturday and Sunday evening. Here's the result. There were 19 of these cards - I used 2 already!

It's sounds like it took a long time - but it really didn't. I only spent a couple hours on Saturday night, about 2 hours last night and then finished up this morning. Here's what they look like all together!

1 comment:

Ginny said...

Busy as a bee. These look great - and I bet your table is cleaned off already too!