1.29.2009

Busy, Busy Cupcake Day

Last Friday Taylor posted her Cupcake Challenge #52 It was the one anniversary for her cupcake challenges on her blog. There were 8 other sketches to try from 8 of her friends. They were all great, but I only had time to make 3 of them.
This card is Taylor's sketch.
Bree has a pink cap with a cupcake applique'. It is so cute. I used her cap as inspiration for my cupcakes on this card and the next 2 cards. She said it is a "beautiful card" and so I guess she gets this one.
The only stamping I did was the "sweet" sentiment and the little red heart. The cupcake is made from Bella Rose designer paper. I used the scallop edge punch for the top of the cupcake paper and the 1 3/4" punch for the cupcake. The pretty in pink layer is embossed with the CB Swiss Dots. The "sweet" flower is punched out with the boho punch. I added flower fusion with pink brads. What a fun card to make!
This is Stephanie's sketch. Again I used Bella Rose designer paper. I made the cupcake with the designer paper but replaced the ribbon with a rhinestone brad.
I used the chocolate chip marker to define the edges and add dots to the cupcake. The cupcake is actually attached to the inside of the card. I punched a 1 1/2" hole on the front of the card. It's had to see but I used a stipple brush to give the cupcake a background.











Monika's sketch was a bit more challenging for me. I have a mega scallop punch which is great, but it was difficult to cut through 2 layers. It would definitely be easier to use the scallop circles with the Big Shot. (Those are on my list.) Again I used Bella Rose designer paper for the cupcake. The pink with brown stripe ribbon came from Gary's store (I ordered a roll when I had to order merchandise bags...so easy to just slip a little roll of ribbon on the order.) The pink organza ribbon is from the many rolls of ribbon left over from Julie's wedding. I'm thinking about getting red suckers and attaching them to the inside. This could be Bree's valentines for the kids in her Cubbies class. I guess I could change to colors to blue and brown for the boys.
Vicki's sketch took me away from cupcakes. Bree needs a birthday card for one of her friends. The card base, the ribbon and the ink for the sentiment are certainly celery. I stamped the tugboat with tempting turquoise craft ink and embossed it with clear embossing powder. The blue strips and wave are bashful blue designer papers. The life preserver is attached to the boat with black hemp. The circles on the turquoise layer were made with a cuttlebug embossing folder. And last of all, there are 2 rhinestone brads. At this age, I don't think her little friend will even notice the bit of bling!

No comments: